If you haven’t caught on by the title, welcome to Sabrina’s Quick and Dirty Q1 Goals for 2021. This year, I made a list of goals for 2021 which you can check out here.
For the past couple of days, I’ve been mulling over what I wanted to write for this blog post. Before I knew it, January was ending, and I still didn’t have even a skeletal outline of what I wanted to talk about, let alone this blog’s introduction.
If you’re a blog writer like I am, I’m sure you’ve had moments like this as well. You want to give your readers an update about your work progress, so you decide to share your goals. For the next couple of days, you mull over what you want to say and how you want to say it. The days quickly turn into weeks and by the time you get ready to write, the month is almost over.
It’s frustrating, believe me.
For this reason alone, I created a quick and dirty list of goals I want to accomplish.
The Quick and Dirty
It is often said that splitting your goals into sizeable chunks keeps you from feeling overwhelmed. The beginning of the year seems to be the busiest time for me for writing. To help myself become more productive and overcome my challenges, I’ve divided my goals into four groups, one for each quarter.
- Q1 will be from January to March
- Q2 will be from April to June
- Q3 will be from July to September
- Q4 will be from October to December
I wanted to keep the momentum of holding myself accountable in order to achieve my goals. To give myself even more incentive to complete this quick and dirty list, I gave myself a punishment. My punishment for not completing my goals is that I have to rollover what I didn’t finish into the next quarter.
I chose this punishment in mind to deter myself from the thought of procrastination. Procrastination is one of the many bad habits I have as an author, and I aim to break it using this quick and dirty list.
So, without further ado…
Sabrina’s Quick and Dirty Q1 Goals:
- Come Up with 12-24 Blog Post Ideas for Blogging Editorial Calendar.
- Write 3-6 Blog Posts
- Participate in at least 2-4 Guest Blog Posts
- Complete Newsletter Automations & Templates
- Finalize Editing & Proofing of 22 Hours
- Complete The Worldbuilding for the Aetherverse Universe
- Complete Amorphous Redrafting Outline
- Create, Revamp and/or Redo Key Webpages on Website
- Spend At Least An Hour and A Half Writing Editing and Planning/Worldbuilding Each Day
- Write 3 Short Stories
The deadline to complete these goals is March 31st. Though the month of January will soon be over, there is still plenty of time to start and finish strongly.